Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nintendo's claws have sunk in...again.

Over the weekend, I briefly went a little crazy and ran out and bought a DS Lite. Specifically, this DS Lite:

Be smug all you want Mario, you're mine now.


Nintendo has always been semi-present in my life. I own a Gamecube, a Nintendo 64 and a Game Boy Advance SP. Even the original Game Boy, that big fat brick of a thing, takes up room in my house (although I'm not entirely sure where...).

Anyway, the point is that I am yet again a Nintendo customer. I've wanted a DS Lite as long as I can remember and one of the benefits of not being five years old is that I can make that a reality instantly if I feel the need. And doesn't it look fucking awesome?

Huh? Huh? Yeeeeeeah.


I specifically chose the DS Lite instead of the new DSi. Mainly because I don't think an extra hundred bucks is worth paying for a couple of low-res cameras and a shitty download service (yes, I know the screen is a bit bigger but, a hundred bucks bigger?). On top of this choice, I managed to score some pretty great deals. Firstly, the red Mario DS Lite came free with a copy of New Super Mario Bros. I had played it before and knew it to be great so what kind of psycho wouldn't take advantage of this deal when the game alone costs around $60 by itself?

I bought two more games. Professor Layton and the Curious Village was always on top of my list and even though I paid $50 for it, I consider it a decent purchase. But the gold I really struck was for $19. The second installment in the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series, Justice For All, was sitting there on sale and begging to be bought. Which I did. Oh boy, what a bargain. The game is highly entertaining and has sparked off my lust with all things Nintendo yet again. We'll have to wait and see whether I regret that later on down the road.


Dude, now I understand you.

No comments:

Post a Comment