Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saving myself - Part 2.

Things are looking up. After deciding on a 60gb hard drive, I waltzed into my local JB HiFi and managed to find one on sale - for $119 instead of the listed $149. Not only that, the hard drive isn't the only thing that comes packaged for that amount of kablingy. 

Here's the package...


...and its contents.


As much as I fucking hate the way Microsoft conduct business sometimes, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did I save $30, but I also ended with more stuff that I thought. True, I couldn't give a shit about the extra ethernet cable and the headset will barely see any use, but it's that 3 months of Gold that I'm pretty chuffed about.

Regardless of all that crap, I'm still not back up and running just yet. After purchasing my pack of goodies, I rang the Microsoft robot call centre back and fed them my reference number. After a bit of a security check, they finally agreed to send out a transfer kit to recover all my precious save files. 

"Transfer kit, motherfucker!"

So now I wait. They told me it could take up to ten working days to arrive so I'm looking at next week at the earliest. Everything better work right when it gets here.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment