Monday, August 10, 2009

Ice-T, will you be my friend?

Gamertags are somewhat strange things. For those of you not aware of their existence, an Xbox 360 gamertag is the name you put into your Xbox profile to represent you when playing online or simply just to have it on your Xbox dashboard. They can be just your name, nickname or some other representation of your self you deem appropriate for casting spells and/or sniping the fuck out of people. 

Recently, I signed up for a month of Gold subscription and did a little looking around the world of Xbox Live. Gamertags also show up on leaderboards of each game, showing you the best players in the world for that particular game. Just last week I started playing Puzzle Quest for the first time (it's great!) and during a break I checked out the leaderboard and in the top 50 players in the world, these gamertags caught my attention...

Curry Fart
SCREWOBAMA

These are real gamertags. I'm dead serious. I think the only thing more terrifying about a guy who has SCREWOBAMA as his gamertag is that he is currently one of best players in the world at Puzzle Quest. Puzzle Quest.

Anyway, why am I banging on about these things? Well, I thought I'd let you in some inside info I discovered recently and that pertains to the gamertag LORD 187x. Want to know who it belongs to?

This motherfucker right here.

That's right bitches. The Original Gangsta Tracy Marrow, better known as Ice-T, has his very own gamertag. He is not just a New Jack Hustler, he's a hardcore gamer. And here's a few select games he's played recently...

Fallout 3
Godfather 2
Wanted: Weapons Of Fate
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (WTF?)
UFC 2009 Undisputed
Resident Evil 5

But let's get right to the heart of the matter, the dude is a freak for Call Of Duty 4. Apparently he can't get enough of playing it online and enjoys taking down punks in Unnamed Middle Eastern Country like thousands of other gamers. Don't believe me? Check this out:




You're probably wondering by now - "What's 187 mean?". Just so you know, 187 is the US police code for a homicide (e.g. 'Tell dispatch that we got a 187 in this apartment'). So yes, that basically means Ice-T's gamertag translates to LORD MURDERX. Which is pretty appropriate for him I guess. Although I'm not entirely sure when he last smoked anyone for real.

So here's my dilemma. I myself have a gamertag and a month full of Gold subscription which enables me for online play. Should I put in a friend request for LORD 187X? To be added to his friends list? Microsoft's current policy is a 100-friend limit for each gamertag and to be honest, Ice-T's is probably full already with his own peeps. But it might be worth pursuing.

Why? I'll tell you why. Imagine you're playing Call Of Duty 4 online and you suddenly see a dude running between some shipping containers and his gamertag is LORD 187x. I don't know about you, but I would be all like HOLY SHIT THAT'S ICE-T SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER GO GO GO!

Because can you imagine saying this phrase to your friends?...

"Man, I was playing Call Of Duty 4 last night and I'm pretty sure I wasted Ice-T."

No comments:

Post a Comment