Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am officially excited for The Beatles:Rock Band.

The 9th of September 09 sees the worldwide release (yes, Australia confirmed) of The Beatles: Rock Band and it seems the buzz around this game is growing to unmanageable levels. With a partial track list (10 of 45) revealed at E3 and All You Need Is Love and the Abbey Road LP confirmed for downloadable content at a later date, developer Harmonix have somehow created a perfect storm of game, band, interest. Add into that this amazing intro movie for the game...




For me, who has never owned a guitar/band game, I will be buying this thing the second it comes out. And I'm not even the world's biggest Beatles fan. Congratulations Harmonix.

That said, there is the small matter of pricing. Here's the US price listing:

The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: USD$59.99
The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: USD$99.99
The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: USD$249.99

But a price point for Australia has yet to be announced. This is the only thing that concerns me. Cause I'm gonna get me some Limited Edition bundle up in here. Coo coo ca choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment